What is Indian Management Simulation Challenge?
Indian Management Simulation Challenge is a National Championship where participants are exposed to the challenges of Managing Business Enterprise in a competitive environment. The competition will enable participants to experience the thrill of business intricacies and learn how to react to them. Time is compressed so that years of simulated time can be condensed into days or even hours. The competition will allow other competitors to outperform each other & challenge the power of cross functional operations, team working, business acumen & decision making. The IMC allow the participants to learn how to cope up with complex challenges with building capability of managing competition in ever changing business scenario.
Objectives of the Simulation Challenge
• Understand the change process and identify their place in it
• Understand the basic levers of change and how to use them on the job.
• Understand the keys to organizational success, as determined by research into successful companies.
• Understand how to diagnose an organization’s effectiveness, and apply that knowledge in real life challenges
• Understand what factors impact profitability in a firm, and diagnose the profitability problems
• Understand the difference between leading and lagging indicators so they can effectively measure progress toward successful implementation of strategy.
• Understand what makes an effective team and how to measure team effectiveness.
• Develop better understanding of team effectiveness by monitoring and discussing their own effectiveness as a team.
• Understand the basic concepts of leading strategic thinkers and how to apply them to business units or enterprise.
• Learn what alignment with strategy really means by planning the implementation of their strategy.
Key Takeaways and Learning's
• Appreciate strategic issues and better understand organizational dynamics.
• Align with their own organization’s strategy and change initiatives.
• Comprehend your organization’s strategy and implementation challenges.
• See the big picture and better understand their role in it.
• A team comprise of 3-4 members
• Participants from PSU's and Private Sector
• Academicians & Entrepreneurs are also welcome.
• No cross-corporate teams are allowed.
• Also, Organisation can nominate multiple Teams.
INDIAN MANAGEMENT SIMULATION CHELLENGE (IMC) 2014
With an amazing response of more than 40 teams (3-4 participants per team) from PAN India National HRD Network (NHRDN) is pleased to share the success of NHRDN 1st Indian Management Simulation Challenge 2014.
The winners of 1st Indian Management Simulation Challenge 2014:
• Champions: IOCL – Delhi
• 1st Runners-Up: HPCL – Mumbai
• 2nd Runners-UP: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
The Simulation challenge was extremely interesting and evoked a lot of response and interaction from the participants. The Competition by all counts was a grand success we owe it to each Participant and the following Organizations:
ACC Limited Aviva Life Insurance Company India Ltd Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited Birlasoft Engineers India Limited Essar Oil Limited Fiat India Automobiles Limited GAIL India Limited HCL Technologies Ltd. Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited ICICI Bank Ltd IFFCO Indira Group of Institutes Indian Oil Corporation Limited ITM Jindal Steel & Power Limited Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd MMTC Orient Electric POWERGRID S.H.Kelkar & Co. Pvt. Ltd Steel Authority of India Limited Wipro Ltd
At the same time, NHRDN would like to thank our sponsors for their active and valuable support in 1st Indian Management Simulation Challenge 2014.
Logos of the following Sponsors: